How we define community service: the act of identifying needs in the community and addressing these needs with service projects. The Buena Park Rotary Club has a fifty-year history of performing community service in our local community.
Community service is comprised of varied efforts that Rotarians make, sometimes in conjunction with other clubs, to improve the quality of life for those who live within the club’s territory.
Some of the things we do are:
- College Info for all Local Students
- Buena Park Goes to College Workshop is free to attendee’s
- This annual event is Sponsored by the City of Buena Park and our Club
- Honoring Veterans In November 2015 we started our annual Veterans Dinner to Honor our Veterans
- Early Literacy
- Books donated to the Library & Schools
- Baby Book Bags project – books given to Moms of newborns
- Read Across America – Read to children in classrooms at local schools
- Supporting the Library Reading program
- Giving resources and support to the Library
- Christmas Shopping for needy children
- Contributing sponsors and shopping advisors
- Scouting for Food
- Join with Boy and Girl scout troops to sort donated food to help the needy
- Support the Centralia and Buena Park School Districts Education Foundations Through donations and volunteering
- Buena Park Rotary Citizen-on-the-Year
- We honor an outstanding Buena Park Citizen who is not a Rotarian.
- Buena Park Teacher and Classified of the Year
- We honor an outstanding Buena Park Teacher or Classified employee who is not a Rotarian.